Girl Scouts, Hornets Nest Council offers girls of all grade levels numerous program opportunities each year within our four program focus areas:
Please view the FYI, our councils program resource guide, for August 2012 August 2013 programs designed by GSHNC, community service opportunities and exploration programs offered by collaborating organizations.
Patch Programs and Totable Topics are very popular program opportunities in which girls and/or troops can explore new activities at their own pace, at their own location.
REGISTER ONLINE FOR PROGRAMS:
- Click on the Register for programs button below.
- Select Program Event.
- Find the program you wish to register for on the calendar and click on it.
- Individually registered girls select Individual; Troops select Troop.
- Be sure to read the program description as it contains important information.
- All fields on the registration screen must be completed.
- Click on the Submit Registration Form button.
- Payment information - Mastercard, Visa or Discover are accepted for payment. Anything else cannot be processed. The charge will be made immediately; refunds will be given if the program is cancelled or is full.
- Click on the Submit Payment Information button.
- You will get a message confirming your reservation request. Please note that this confirmation message only means that your reservation request was submitted to our system - NOT that you have been placed in the program. You will receive a separate confirmation regarding your status.
PLEASE NOTE - if you need to request program fee financial assistance for a girl, you CANNOT register for the program online. Complete a Girl Assistance Request Form and submit to GSHNC with a Program Event Registration Form. Download both at http://www.hngirlscouts.org/programs-safety-activity-checkpoints.
Program Cancellation and Refund Policy - GSHNC reserves the right to cancel or modify any program if insufficient registrations or any extenuating circumstances should occur. Refunds will only be given if:
- Program session does not reach minimum capacity and is cancelled, or program space is unavailable.
- Request for cancellation is received in writing (or via email) no later than 3 weeks prior to the event. Refunds in this instance will reflect a 25% processing charge.
While hundreds of program opportunities abound for girls, the tie that binds them all together is their connection to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Girl Scout Leadership Experience
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) engages girls in discovering themselves, connecting with others and taking action to make the world a better place. The GSLE provides the design for what girls do in Girl Scouting and illustrates how adult support strengthens girls' experiences to create a positive impact on girls' lives.
The three keys to leadership:
- Discover: Girls understand themselves and their values and use their knowledge and skills to explore the world.
- Connect: Girls care about, inspire and team up with others locally and globally.
- Take Action: Girls act to make the world a better place.
In Girl Scouting, Discover + Connect + Take Action = Leadership. All Girl Scout experiences are intentionally designed to tie to one or more of the 15 national leadership outcomes
, or benefits, categorized under the three keys to leadership.
Equally as important as the activities girls do in Girl Scouting are the processes they use for those activities. When used together, these processes - Girl Led, Learning by Doing and Cooperative Learning - ensure the quality and promote the fun and friendship so integral to Girl Scouting.
A key part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience is the leadership journey, a coordinated series of activities grouped around a theme. Each journey is grade level-specific, with activities and earned awards appropriate to the girls age and maturity.
There are now three leadership journeys for girls to choose from!
Its Your World Change It!
Its Your Planet Love It!
It's Your Story - Tell It!