The Dale Earnhardt Environmental Learning Center at Oak Springs is located in Iredell County, just north of Statesville. The property is over 700 acres of gently rolling hills full of large oak trees and has spring-fed streams throughout the land which is bordered by the South Yadkin River. This camp property is currently being built out. However, girls have plenty to do at the Dale Earnhardt Environmental Center at Oak Springs including camping, high & low challenge courses, hiking trails, available cabin units and many other opportunities for girl programming. Virtual tour.
Quick Steps to Property Reservation Online:
- Click on the Online Reservation button below
- Select Properties
- Enter the date range in which you are interested
- Select use type (Day, Overnight or Weekend)
- Select at least one unit (you can check units individually, all or all units at a specific property)
- Click on Check Availability
- Look for and select from available dates and input your information
- In the Notes section, type your arrival and departure times
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page you will be prompted for your credit card information. **Please note, deposits are not required, however payment in full will be collected.**
- If you choose not to register online, please use the Campsite Reservation form, along with the Site Usage Fee Schedule
- When staying overnight at a property, reservations are made for a 24-hour period, from Noon to Noon. For example, when reserving a unit for a Saturday night stay, you may arrive at your unit any time after Noon on Saturday, and depart your unit by Noon on Sunday.
Getting Ready for Your Visit
- After submitting your reservation online, your credit card will be charged and a separate confirmation will arrive from the office.
- After your confirmation is received, submit a Troop Trip Application. If you plan to swim, boat, canoe, use a challenge course or do archery, you will also need to submit a Facilitated Program/Equipment Reservation Form.
- If keys are not returned within two weeks of your visit, you will be charged a $25 replacement fee; additional charges may apply for damaged property.
- Usage fee is non-refundable unless cancellation is received four weeks in advance. If a refund is due, a 25% processing charge will apply.
- Leaders are required to adhere to Girl Scout standards and local guidelines and volunteer policies.