- Our funding is focused on providing to girls. While we do
offer assistance to adults, those adults need to serve in key
volunteer roles that directly benefits girls in order to qualify for
assistance. Those roles are:
- Troop Co-Leader
- Troop Cookie Manager
- Troop Fall Product Manager
- Troop Treasurer
- Juliette Mentor
- Key Service Unit Volunteer
- Please note that Troop Volunteer, which is a generalized
position, does not qualify for assistance. Assistance is only
approved for adults with these specific volunteer roles and
- To request assistance,
simply click Request Financial Aid on the registration screen or the
yearly renewal screen.
- Within 5 Business Days
of your Request, we will email you with a link to a Assistance
Request Form. Your responses to the Request
Form do not determine approval, but completion of the Form is
required for the Membership Registration to be completed.
- You will receive an email for each individual you
have requested assistance for. Please complete a request form for
- Spots are not able to be
held, so we suggest that you complete your Form as soon as possible.
If not complete within 30 days, we will remove the application for
Membership. We do ask families to make any contribution they are
comfortable with toward Registration Costs. This allows us to
stretch limited resources further and provide assistance to more
families. However, please do not contribute if this would put a
burden on your family or prevent participation in Girl
- Within 3-5 business days of
completing the Request Form , you will receive an email with
valuable information, including coupon codes that can be used for
uniforms, books and GSHNC Events. Please keep an eye out for this
email and keep this email, since you will use the information in
that email throughout the year.
We are committed to ensuring all girls have the opportunity to participate in Girl Scouts. In order to remove financial barriers that may interfere, we offer limited funds to help members who would be unable to join in Girl Scout activities without financial support from the council.
Financial assistance is not a primary source of funding for members or troops. Troops are encouraged to facilitate girl-led financial planning for their activities. Financial assistance funds are supported by Troop Money Earn Activities, Treats and Reads (Fall Product Program) and the Cookie Program.
If you have questions, concerns, or special circumstances, please
contact Customer Care at 704-731-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Financial Assistance Benefits - July 2021
In order to provide a more equitable experience for our families who are facing challenging times, we are proud to announce changes to our Financial Assistance process and benefits. Previously, families would need to apply for different programs in different ways, depending on the type of assistance needed. We have streamlined that process to ensure that all girls, regardless of their family’s financial position, are able to fully participate in Girl Scouting. To that end, families only need to apply for Financial Assistance once for each Membership Year. With that request, they will automatically be entitled to benefits that last for the entire year without having to apply again.
- Membership Registration: Girl Scout Registration Fee ($35) will be covered.
- GSHNC Store Coupon for Girl Scout Essentials: $30 in Store Coupon is available for use for Girl Scout Essential items. Caregivers or Troop Co-Leaders can come to the store located at 7007 Idlewild Rd, Charlotte, NC prepared with the personal coupon code to access the Store Coupon. Girl Scout Essentials include Uniforms, Books and Insignia, but does not include all items in the store. GSHNC Store staff can assist you in which items are considered Essential. This is a one-time use Store Credit that is available from July 1, 2021- June 30, 2022. This code is not available for online orders.
- Council Sponsored Program Coupon Code: This code provides a 50% discount on all programs provided by Girl Scout Hornets' Nest Council that cost up to $30. This code is good from July 1, 2021- June 30, 2022 and can be used for multiple events. To use this code, simply enter the code when registering for an event provided by Hornets' Nest Council through https://mygs.girlscouts.org/. Please note that events and programs provided by outside Councils or third-party partners do not qualify for this discount and that we cannot apply a credit if you do not use the discount code at checkout.
- Summer Camp Assistance: Girls will be eligible for up to 50% assistance to attend one session of either E-Camp or Day camp for the Summer 2022. This Assistance does not qualify for Summer 2021 program, as that Financial Assistance window has already been completed. The exact amount of assistance varies each year. Please keep in mind that requests for Summer Camp Assistance will require registration by the Early Bird deadline (usually in March) and will require the traditional deposit, with the Financial Assistance discount being applied to the balance and any outstanding amount not covered by the deposit and discount being due by June 1st.
- Membership Registration: Girl Scout Registration Fee ($25) will be covered.
- Council Sponsored Program Coupon Code: This code provides a 50% discount on all programs provided by Girl Scout Hornets' Nest Council that cost up to $30. This code is good from July 1, 2021- June 30, 2022 and can be used for multiple events. To use this code, simply enter the code when registering for an event provided by Hornets' Nest Council through https://mygs.girlscouts.org/ . Please note that events and programs provided by outside Councils or third-party partners do not qualify for this discount and that we cannot apply a credit if you do not use the discount code at checkout.
- First Aid & CPR Training: Volunteers in the Co-Leader role may receive a 50% discount on council provided First Aid & CPR training. Please call Customer Care to have your discount applied to your First Aid & CPR Training.
If you have questions about these changes to our Financial Assistance Policy, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at (704) 731-6500 or email@example.com.