What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Introducing the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), a time-saving resource to help you make the most of every troop meeting and activity. It’s designed to lead K-5 troops, but troop leaders working with older girls will find great information, too. The VTK provides everything to plan for an awesome year of Girl Scouting.
Do you still have questions about the Volunteer Toolkit?
It's a great resource we want you to be able to take full advantage of to plan the best year for your Girl Scouts. To learn about the ins and outs of this tool, please view our Hornets' Nest training videos.
Thank you for all you do to build girls of courage, confidence and character.