Keeping girls and members safe is our priority, and we are continually monitoring and updating our safety protocols as required. We have put the following safety protocols in place for virtual Girl Scout meetings:
- Meeting links, IDs, and passwords will only be shared with registered meeting attendees.
- Volunteer-to-girl safety ratios must always be followed. At least two approved staff members or volunteers must act as co-hosts within a virtual meeting, to help monitor chat, video, and other features while one person is presenting.
- The “Waiting Room” is enabled for all virtual meetings, so participants must wait for hosts to begin the meeting.
- Participants are asked to sign in to a virtual meeting with their first name and last initial only.
- All attendees are automatically muted when entering a virtual meeting, and video is off by default.
- Private chat is disabled.
- In the public meeting chat, no links or files may be shared.
Check out the GSUSA Safety Activity Checkpoints for Virtual Meetings for additional guidelines.